Thursday, January 14, 2010

Growing Fast

Last night was our monthly Paws-itive Partners Humane Society meeting so I didn't have much time with our big dogs or Annie and her puppies. I don't usually like going out once I get home after work, but I always have the enthusiasm for getting to Paws-itive Partners. It's so gratifying to hear about the pets we've been able to help from one month's meeting to the next. I love my friends in PPHS.

Math and statistics weren't ever of much interest to me but for some reason I like to think about the multiples of so many dogs and puppies in our house. We have 13 tails in varying degrees of wag, 26 ears and 52 feet! Our very own canine army.

I don't know why Husband Bob accuses me of spoiling the dogs. It makes sense to me that everyone has their own tastes. The puppies have supplemental formula, Annie has high calorie food, Brandy and Pennie eat sensitive skin food and Jaz and Maggie have to watch their figures with special trim line kibbles. You should see the kitchen counter with all the dishes lined up preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner!

The puppies are getting bigger and stronger everyday. They're creeping faster and their little legs are pushing more. I weighed one of the puppies last evening and Annie had a fit that that I took him away even for the 30 seconds. One of the puppies has developed a brown undercoat and he's looking quite handsome. I think the puppies will have semi-long hair. Their coat's have become very shiny.

In one of the previous blogs I mentioned attempting to engage Annie in dog play. I shouldn't have said anything about it because Robin and Nora sent comments requesting pictures of my butt-in-the-air pose! You can rest assured you won't ever have to be subjected to seeing that. No 8 x 10 glossies of me, thank you very much!

I picked up Little Boy's ashes from the vet clinic today. Even though his time with us was brief, he's back home where he belongs.

Now, if I can figure out the digital camera, I'll send you today's photos of the puppies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment