Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Beginning

Welcome to my blog! What started this?! Me, I'm the person who doesn't Facebook and can barely email. I am the perfect example of someone who is a "computer illiterate." Why am I starting a blog? Several friends and relatives asked me to update conditions of a momma dog and her puppies. With the help of daughter Molly and the amazement of husband Bob, we are giving blogging a try!

Molly would say my dogs and other dogs are my life. Actually, my two-legged family members are also my life. I'm just more vocal about the dogs and spend a lot of time trying to save the dog world, one dog at a time! My main goal is to help animals through spay/neuter so that we can reduce pet overpopulation. To reduce overpopulation will reduce unnecessary euthanizing.

On December 30th, 2009, the USDA arrived in the North Platte area to 'bust' a puppy mill. Approximately 80 dogs were saved from horrendous conditions and most were transported to shelters in other parts of the state. Believe it or not, some shelters have more requests than they have dogs! Sadly, the dog authorities allowed the puppy mill owner to keep 20 dogs. Ahhhhhhhh!

My husband has allowed 'just one more dog' to come into our home as a foster dog. Her name is Annie. She's a four year old border collie/blue heeler/cocker spaniel mix...aka mutt. Annie was very pregnant when she was rescued - and that's how this blog began.

On January 9th at 08:25 a.m, Annie had one little black puppy before labor stopped. Two hours later, we were on our way to the vet. Annie ended up having an emergency c-section and, enter eight more puppies. Welcome to life little ones! Annie has one brown puppy and eight black ones with various white markings. 24 hours old, they each weigh between 8 and 9.5 ounces! All the puppies seem to be doing well.

Tomorrow I'll tell you more about Annie.

1 comment:

  1. Annie has been richly blessed to have found her way to your home to have her babies!

    ReplyDelete