Friday, March 5, 2010

Update

As the puppies have gotten older my blogs have gotten further apart. I haven't lost interest but I've lost time. It takes a long time to feed, water and change papers three times a day and longer to play with Annie and her puppies, as well as our four dogs. I'm not complaining - it's great living at the Dog Farm.


I've been told that the lady who owned the puppy mill has surrendered the rest of her dogs and puppies. It's been a long 2 1/2 months to make it happen but I'm relieved it's finally over.


The puppies are doing wonderfully! Puppy Mark went to his new home and his new name is Bark. Bark lives with his family of Mark, Traci, their three daughters and their other dogs. It sounds like a very good match. Elke will go to her new home in Callaway Monday and she's going to have a life of lovin' and attention. Sprout and Duck will be moving to Colorado next Saturday. The transition from the nursery to new homes is a happy time so why do I have this darn lump in my throat?


Annie is making good progress. She comes out from her corner more and she approaches Husband Bob more often. For so long, Annie's been too afraid to go outside but now that we pick her up and carry her out she is enjoying the freedom of the backyard. Annie isn't at all house trained so that's a challenge. We've had Annie 2 1/2 months and the vet said it could take 6 months for noticable improvement so we're ahead of schedule. Annie is playing tug of war and she likes chewing on her toys. She's been a wonderful mom to her family.

I can't imagine letting Annie leave. I don't know anyone who would adopt her and work with her fears and uncertainties. That said, I need a big favor from my dogblog friends. My wonderful husband has been unwavering in his support of my love of dogs but he thinks we are maxed out on dogs now. Can you please sign up as a "follower" and vote for Annie staying with us? We need to keep Annie, but Husband Bob hasn't realized it yet. You could help convince him. Pleeeze?


I'll send a few current puppy pictures this weekend. They are squeezably sweet!

3 comments:

  1. Christi from Omaha ~ I will vote that you keep Annie (Until the next one comes along);0) They are ALL precious pups! Can't wait to see the pics of them this week. I've been following since we talked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I vote more than once?
    Each vote would be an overwhelming "YES - YOU HAVE TO KEEP ANNIE!"

    Save Orphan Annie!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It goes without saying that Annie needs to stay! Two votes coming from the humans here, and five votes from the pups that own us!

    ReplyDelete