Monday, March 29, 2010

Empty Nest

Oreo is adjusting to his new home and family. His name is Doc now. Doc lives with another dog, a cat and their people. By all accounts (except from Malcolm the cat) Doc is loved. I know he'll have a great life.

After delivering Doc to his new home, I made the return trip in silence and appreciated the time to reminise about Annie and her puppies. I thought about how unacceptible puppy mills are, the excitement of helping with the births of Annie's puppies, the helplessness of losing one of the puppies, watching the puppies grow and play and all the other times the past three months. It was nice to drive down the road and not worry about how I looked with tears streaming down my face. The tears flowed and the nest felt so empty!

Arriving home, I was ready to walk inside and see that my nest really isn't empty. The Welcoming Committee was in full force. Jasmine, Maggie, Brandy, Pennie and Granddog Kirby were delighted to see me. Then, as all the excitement settled down at the front door, here came Annie. She stayed only a few seconds, but Annie was there and she joined in the reunion.

May 1st is Paws-itive Partners' Woofstock event. It's a day-long event beginning with Yappy Hour and continuing into dog contests, a general store and bake sale, cake walks, a BBQ, kid's games and much more. Time for me to get busy making signs, baking and freezing food items and recruiting volunteers to help. I have a blast at Woofstock - visiting with people, seeing the dogs, enjoying the fresh air and the opportunity to share about Paws-itive Partners. Woofstock is a lot of fun and if you live around North Platte I hope you'll plan to make Woofstock part of your May 1st.

It's nice to have Daughter Molly and Granddog Kirby visiting for a few days. Last evening Husband Bob said he knew Annie was here to stay. Molly's my witness. Yes, Bob said the words! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment