Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Family Pictures

Aren't the photos of Annie's puppies darling? I know I'm bragging but I can't help it! My attempt to get a family portrait was only partially successful. I thought a basket of puppies would be a good picture but after getting two or three puppies in I could see it wasn't large enough for the growing family. Besides the basket picture, the other puppies are Duck, Softie and Robin.

Daughter Molly and Friends Barb and Matt visited for the 3-day weekend. At first I was a bit nervous of what having company would do to Annie, but I shouldn't have worried. Molly, Barb and Matt took extra time to focus on Annie and they spent literally hours sitting on the floor speaking softly to her. In the end, Annie responded. By Sunday afternoon, Annie came out from her corner for a few seconds at a time. There were a few times Annie let Molly pet her. Once she leaned up next to Barb and several times Matt was able to give her a treat from his hand.

Molly said she got so angry every time she looked at Annie. I didn't understand. Molly explained that she didn't know why anyone would treat a dog so badly as to cause the emotional pain Annie's suffered. I agree! It's sickening to think that a person could intentionally harm a living being the way the animals at the dog/puppy mill were.

Neighbors Cathy and Doug brought their family to meet the puppies Sunday. It was fun to see everyone doting over the puppies just like I do. Puppy Elka has found a new home and will be moving in with her new family in two or three weeks. I hadn't met Mary before Sunday but knowing she is a relative of Cathy and Doug's makes me very happy that Elka will be going to her.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Jo! I'm so glad that Molly set this up for you, I look forward to keeping up with the puppies! I look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete