Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bliss

I didn't realize others had noticed how hard it's been to see Annie and the puppies struggling with their health problems until a friend told me I looked more rested and happier this week. Yes, I feel more rested and am definitely happier but I didn't know it was so obvious. All the fur-children are thriving! Annie and the puppies have huge appetites and you can almost see the puppies growing by the minute.

Annie is still very timid but we're making progress. This evening I got her to play a brief game of tug-of-war. Her tail was wagging and she seemed to be having fun before she ended the game. As I've been writing this, Annie's come into the family room to see what I'm doing. Her trips in are more frequent now, but she never stays more than 30 seconds or so. This last time in, Annie picked up Brandy's chew toy and took the toy back to her hiding place.

A friend asked the names of our puppies and it occurred to me that I've not listed everyone. The puppies' official names are Duck, Elka, Mark, Robin, Oreo, Sprout, Softie and Bolt. :)

You've probably seen the pictures of litters posed on the park bench or puppies lined up at their dishes eating. How can anyone photograph so many puppies at one time? I've tried and tried to get Annie's babies in one photo and it cannot be done! Eight puppies going in eight different directions. I haven't given up though and my hope is to get a picture of the whole family onto the dogblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment